Broken handle on Unit side door

Rachel Norris
Hi all. The handle on side door of the unit is broken. Turning the handle doesn't move the catch and the door looks as if it has been forced which has bent the catch beyond repair. Aileen and I managed to close the door and lock it from the inside but it isn't usable. We have put the key for the front door in the keypress for now. I think the latch will have to be replaced ... could anyone  take look please?

Re: Broken handle on Unit side door

MtB⚓️
Thanks Rachel
Unfortunately we are gigs, oars and stuff that gets wet with salty water! So this falls under house maintenance.
The door will need a new lock and as it’s hired I’d say that’s down to the house maintenance team, I’d say MDL should fix it.
The latch has been forced from the inside to get it retracted enough to close, these cheap locks often over extend then jam in that position, hence it has been whacked back in with something; I’m sure the ‘villain’ is already in process to repair it him/herself!
It’s a £10 fix,  if MDL does it they will keep a key.
I understand the door still locks ok.
I’ll text Jackie and discuss.
Thanks again for highlighting it.

Re: Broken handle on Unit side door