'Blessing of the Boats' this Sunday

Andrew Berry
Following Steve from the cutters  kind invitation we aim to take a  junior crew across  to the  Mill on Sunday 7 th for the Blessing of Boats .

Here is the invitation:

We are delighted that Cannon Tom Kennar can conduct the service to bless our fleet for our club now in it's 20th year.

The service is scheduled for 1pm if any of the Langstone Pilot Gig Club Crews and boats would like to attend we are dressing our fleet in the boat park at the Mill slip 12MD onwards.

Good event to invite family and friends, we will have Beverages, Cakes and donations will be invited and for this event and will go to the charity we are supporting this year:  Southampton Hospital Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) which provides a vital service for critically ill children in our region including the Channel Islands, this is dear to the heart of Bobby ( one of our Rowers)  and her family.

For those new to the Gig club, this is a little village rowing club based out of the Royal Oak Pub and the Mill slipway at the end of Langstone High street, a small number of us got together a few years ago and thought it might be fun to start a Gig club.... hence you will see "Langstone Cutters" on the old kit and silverware etc.

Those rowing across should wear wellies or be prepared to get their feet wet .

 We will meet at the clubhouse at 11am to decorate the gig with bunting then row across .

Your family members and friends can meet you at the Royal Oak. There will be an opportunity to row other boats .

We will return at around 2pm and bring the gig back on the high tide via the marina slip

PLEASE POST BELOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THE CREW

1. Andrew Cox