Anything from the Scillies?

Shelley
Am off to Penzance on Thursday night to row to St Mary's on Friday morning.  Does anyone want anything bringing back? Dutch gig rowers may be in short supply but if you might settle for a handyband or two from SeaSalt I'd be happy to oblige. :)

Re: Anything from the Scillies?

robina and chris
Good luck Shelley! Enjoy. x

Re: Anything from the Scillies?

Alan & Julia
Have a great time - as if you need encouragement!!

Alan.
Alan & Julia Robinson

Re: Anything from the Scillies?

Shelley
Well, that was the most special row I have ever done! The weather was perfect, the sea nice and calm for the first 24 miles or so then got really choppy and wild as we neared the Eastern Isles. Rowing in through them was stunning - turquoise water and white sandy beaches.

Quay to quay our time was 6 hours 45 minutes but between the marks, the bit that is taken as the time of the crossing was 07.10 - 12.25 so 5 hours and 15 minutes which is apparently a very good time.

This morning (Sunday) I visited Hayle Gig Club and rowed in one of their sessions. It was very foggy but flat calm, like glass. We rowed out of their harbour entrance as the fog cleared and did a good hard session to St Ives and back again. It must be the most spectacular way to approach St Ives - in a gig rowing with some very strong blokes!!