ALL ROWING SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

ALL ROWING SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Jackie Tutt
We have received the below directive from our governing body, the CPGA. Please keep an eye on the forum in the coming days as the Gig Community will come together to support one another during these most difficult times.
We can use our Forum as a place to reach out to each other for assistance when needed. Let's look out for each other and do what we can to support our members if they need it. Keep safe and remember this community is not just for rowing - we are a family!

Dear all,

Following government advice, the CPGA advise suspending all gig rowing activity, at all levels. Gig rowing activity includes club training, league, CPGA and any regattas, plus any course from 17th March until required subject to continued review.

The decision has been taken following the government advice in the interests of rowers, coxes, coaches, umpires, volunteers, supporters and the wider gig rowing community. Where possible all are encouraged to maintain their own fitness, while following government guidelines about safe distance and safe exercise environments.

The CPGA will continue to review and monitor government advice and will provide updates on the impact to the season in the coming weeks.