A message from the GRR organisers.

robina and chris

Dear River Racers,

We are conscious that it is a while since we wrote to you all on the 26th of June to advise you that we had made the difficult decision to cancel GRR 2020 due to the COVID-19 crisis. We promised to come back to you with next year’s date and after much deliberation and having taken everyone’s feedback into consideration, we have decided to keep with our September slot, so the next Race is scheduled for Saturday 25th of September 2021.

 Unfortunately however, we now find ourselves in the difficult position of surviving through to our next Race in September 2021. As a not for profit business we have minimal cash reserves and have lost our small sponsors (only for this year we hope) and grant funding that normally helps us through the year. With the Race cancelled we now have no income until next year but we still have a small core team who plan for and organise the Race year-round and fixed costs such as premises, insurances and utilities. We did not qualify for the Government furlough scheme and do not meet the criteria for many of the funds out there to help businesses in this time of crisis. To date we have been helped by our very supportive landlords and a Small Business Rate Relief Grant in addition to a small Directors loan, but having reduced our outgoings to a minimum we are still facing a shortfall to keep the Race going.

We have therefore launched a crowdfunder appeal - https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-save-the-great-river-race

This is where we need your help! We appreciate that these are difficult times for everyone but if you are able to help us by donating, no matter how small and by sharing this with your fellow crew members and Race supporters you will not only be saving the GRR team but an event that is a loved and valued advocate of traditional rowing. This crowd funder could help to secure the long-term survival of The GRR so please help us if you can.

We aim to come back bigger and stronger in September 2021 and we really hope that you will all be there with us. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Team GRR

The Great River Race,

LONDON'S RIVER MARATHON

+ 44 (0) 20 8398 8141

Unit 4, The Rythe Centre

Willowbank

Claygate Lane

Thames Ditton

Surrey KT7 0LE

www.greatriverrace.co.uk

Save the date: Saturday, 25th September 2021

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

MtB⚓️
🙄 If anyone wants to pledge to this fundraiser but can’t be faffed with signing up to crowdfunder, just WhatsApp me or post here.
I’ll take pledges, pay on behalf of members then come find you!
It’s a great event, past present and future enjoy it so let’s help out, a tenner x 12+ of us goes a long way!

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

Brian
Hi Matt, I am happy to pledge £10 to start things up , you know where i live . The GRR is a special event and well eoth preserving . Brian

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

MtB⚓️
Thanks Brian, received + one more already, I’m hoping for another 10 donations to get to our target.
Calling all GRR veterans, current athletes and newbies wishing to impress for selection! Lol 🤩

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

Done it!! Went on the Crowdfunding page and sorted it that way ......wasn’t difficult. Looks like it’s starting to creep up ...... fingers crossed for them.
Hope Langstone towers are keeping fit and well.
Best wishes to all
Derek & Mary

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

‘Rowers’ !!!!!!! (My fat fingers)

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

I’ve got 3 pledges so far, £90 to go...
Mike

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

Lance
Tenner from me Matt

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

Mike Lowery
Happy to donate a tenner for funds.
Has any one any idea when rowing can start ,casual or racing ?

Lots of swimming done in the sea but something seems to be missing.

Mike L

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

💥 £50 + tip sent from

MtB [paid]
Brian W, [paid]
Mike G
Lance
Mike L

Thanks guys

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

MtB⚓️
Keep the donations flowing, I don’t mind sending again.

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

Nikki H-S
Sorry, I didn’t see Matt’s post - I just dived straight in there and donated via Crowdfund page.  It’s easy to do and only takes a couple of minutes.  Well done to all those that have donated.  Can’t wait to see you all back soon xx

Re: A message from the GRR organisers.

The Great River Race

Did we mention...all persons who donate to our crowdfunder appeal will be entered into our prize draw for a free entry (up to a crew value of six people) into the GRR 2021 Race (five free entries in total) OR for non-competitors a Free Family Passenger Boat ticket (two adults & two children) to follow the Race afloat#SavetheGRR

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-save-the-great-river-race