A fond memory from not so long ago!

TimP

Here I am sitting indoors trying to be positive about stuff and I find myself drifting back to a Saturday morning a few years and to a time and place where a group of chums would have just got off of the water having done their stuff in preparation for what was to be an exceptional season of Gig rowing.

The sun, the chill in the air, the harbour so far removed from where we find ourselves today but I thought that I would share with everyone what once was and indeed will be once again!

Credits to “Two door cinema club” for the great music

https://youtu.be/MtRaAzQCv1A

I think that I will pop out for a quick istroll along the front.....

Cheers

Tim

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

michelle jones
Great footage love the music Tim

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

Simon Hughes
Good stuff Tim I have a couple of friends I can send this to who are keen to see gig rowing in action. Who is rowing at 4 & coxing out of interest?

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

Lance
Yes great watch Tim. Pretty sure that’s Kieran at 4 and Aileen coxing Simon.

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

Errolg
What a season it was!

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

Great crew of 2017
Aileen coxing - Greg, Adam, Kieran, Paul W, Tim and Ivor
Jackie x

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

This Langstone Mens B crew won their event at Swanage by over 8 boat lengths and went on to win the Jurasdic League mens B category  in 2017, prior to 2017 our club had not tasted victory in any Regatta racing.

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

Ah!,!!!  The dream team!!!  With Kieran in no 4 before his hairy days!

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

Aileen
Great memories xx

Re: A fond memory from not so long ago!

https://www.facebook.com/LangstoneCuttersGigClub/videos/1544050175651984/

The above link reveals the story on video of our  clubs first Regatta victory and the magnificent  Mens B crew of 2017 .

Great viewing  Share it with others.